What You’ll Need
1. Cocoa Butter or plain white unscented, uncolored body lotion
2. Clean, dry paper towels
3. Liquid Antibacterial soap
What To Do
1. Once your new has been bandaged for over an hour, you may remove the dressing. (Even wrapped for a few hours is perfectly fine. Do not exceed the time recommended to you by your artist.
2. WASH YOUR HANDS!! Clean your new tattoo with lukewarm water and anti-bacterial soap by gently rubbing it with the pads of your fingers.Do this until all the plasma has been removed. Doing this step while in the shower is highly recommended.
3. Pat dry with a CLEAN, dry paper towel.
4. Apply a THIN lotion over the entire tattoo. Rub it in as you would anywhere else on the body. This step will most likely be done a few times per day. (Remember not to apply too much! Just enough to make it shiny. This will allow your tattoo to breathe and for healing to take place.)
What To AVOID
1. Swimming, jacuzzis, hot tubs, baths, steam rooms, saunas, or soaking in any body of water for 2 weeks.
2. Exposure to direct sunlight/tanning beds.
3. DO NOT pick at or scratch your tattoo. (If your tattoo itches, give it a few pats with a CLEAN hand.)
What to Remember
1. Peeling, flaking, scabbing, and itching is a normal part of the healing process.
2. You should ALWAYS reach out to your artist if you have any question/s or are unsure of anything.
3. Do not accept healing advice from anyone except the person who tattooed you.
**Aftercare is 100% YOUR responsibility. Once you leave your appointment, I have no control of your actions. It is up to you to follow thru with proper aftercare to ensure your tattoo heals beautifully.